Thursday, June 12, 2014

Five years later, Workshop Remodel. Going from pretty to functional #13: What's with the 'leftovers' pile?

http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/members/74167-50x50.jpg


So, I could include a picture but I don’t need to. This is an ongoing blog about redoing my shop after having made it 5+ years ago to be more functional and not as ‘pretty looking’.


I have noticed one thing. The left overs pile seems to always be inevitable. Am I the only one who is plagued by this? When I first did the shop I had two or three rubber tubs of leftovers. Stuff that I should pick over, probably won’t throw out, but probably would find little use for. Things like a bunch of hacksaw blades, extra files, An old air hose, a couple of ancient tools. I’d put them in the corner and it would become the ‘corner to put stuff I won’t use’.


I redid the shop and now I’ve got a different corner with different but the same sort of stuff in the same rubber tubs. I’d like to just toss them without looking and be done with it but I can’t.


No questions about what to do with it. I already know. It will just stay there the next five years. But why does this always happen?! I could use that corner for something else.


sigh……




Source: LumberJocks.com



Five years later, Workshop Remodel. Going from pretty to functional #13: What's with the 'leftovers' pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment