Friday, June 6, 2014

Workshop Development #106: Clearing the (compressed) air.

http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/members/274345-50x50.jpg


I did some additions to my compressed air system, by adding a Central Pneumatic Desiccant Dryer / Oil Removal filter, and coupler bracket. I also chased down the last few leaks, and replaced a defective replacement regulator on my HF 8 gallon compressor.


Not sure if you remember, but I managed to cause at MY fault on the original regulators fault, the destruction of the OEM regulator on my small compressor a few years ago. If I recall correctly I dropped something on the compressor like the impact wrench and busted it… So I replaced it with a Husky, which has never been completely reliable… So I replaced that with a fresh HF regulator. So far so good!


The whole system has been bubble tested and passes with flying colors, and the compressors are both undergoing leak down testing connected to the system and at the 14 hour point they are both holding exactly the pressure I left them with (and turned them off so it’s not like the compressors are cycling…).


The pics and more detailed write up are on my blogspot page for those interested.


http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2014/06/clearing-air.html




Source: LumberJocks.com



Workshop Development #106: Clearing the (compressed) air.

No comments:

Post a Comment