Saturday, June 7, 2014

LUBERJOSKS........................ZILLA

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n6scxvh.jpg







I was just about to leave when I spotted this marquetry piece . I turned it over and I saw a price tag with
75 $ and 25$ marked below . I walked down a few steps and showed the marquetry piece and asked
“How much ” ? . She replied cheerfully ” Twenty five cents , everything has gotta go ” . She explained that they were just cleaning house , and decided to bring the items they were going to throw away to sell at the
Market . They said they were leaving shortly and whatever was left was going in the dumpster . I told Her that I simply wanted everything that she had that was made of wood , and would she mind wrapping and tallying
them up for me . The total was under four dollars .

I was pretty ambivalent about the cottage industry familiar motif of the marquetry piece . I
came close to throwing it away one day along with some off-cuts and other junk . I stuck it in a plastic bin
with some misc. frames . Last week I was retrieving some tools and looking for something when I happened
upon it . I contemplated it for a while . How tranquil . Rose wood sails ….Lace wood seas…..Satin wood skies .

What could be more appropriate to disrupt this tranquil scene than Godzilla rising from the water , I thought . To restore this piece in the future , it will be a simple matter to sand off my
paper addition , so I have not altered the original . Just a little post-it note humor to myself about the
passage of time , the subjective nature of ‘ worth ‘ . There is always something exciting that awaits us
just over the near horizon ,…….. something new .




Source: LumberJocks.com



LUBERJOSKS........................ZILLA

No comments:

Post a Comment