Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reclaimed Pine All-Weather Morris Chair #13: Do not go gentle into that good chair,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n6bnpxa.jpg


Old pine should burn and gray at the close of day;
Measure, measure, and check for square.


Though wise woodworkers at their end know dark walnut stain is fair,
Because their sanders had left no pigtails they
Do not go gentle into that good chair.


Good woodworkers, the last coat by, cry ‘Varathane’
Their dilute poly might protect this day,
Measure, measure, and check for square.


Wild woodworkers who cut and saw while half aware,
And learn, too late, to measure once is to pray,
Do not go gentle into that good chair.


Grave woodworkers, near death, who rout without restrain,
Band saws cut like scroll saws and would not stray
Measure, measure, and check for square.


And you, Norm Abram, there with safety gear,
Curse, bless, me now with your glasses clear, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good chair.
Measure, measure, and check for square.






















The chair is finally done! I’m going to give it a few days to cure completely then give it a buffing with 0000 steel wool and a T-shirt.


Thanks for following along with me on this, my first “real” project. It was a great time.


For more and/or better quality build pics than I posted here, you can check this album: http://imgur.com/a/xijV3


For more and/or better quality completed pics than I posted here, you can check this album: http://imgur.com/a/xVgIG


There will be one more blog entry in this series sometime this week which calls out and explains any mistakes I made and flaws I notice. My goal is to make myself hyper-aware of them so I can learn from them for future projects. I already know that most of my mistakes in this project were during the finish phase (which makes sense since this was literally the first time I’ve used anything other than mineral oil or spray lacquer). Stay tuned for that!




Source: LumberJocks.com



Reclaimed Pine All-Weather Morris Chair #13: Do not go gentle into that good chair,

No comments:

Post a Comment