Monday, February 24, 2014

Dad! That's Not What The Plan Says

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ljimg/n1j995f.jpg



Over the weekend my 20 month old was hanging out with me in the shop; she always loves to play with the tape measures. This picture reminded me of a quick build from couple years ago (before I joined LJ’s).


Surely I must be smarter than a kindergartener?


I was working on some Christmas presents and my 5 year old daughter at the time came out and asked if I would help her build a chair. Trying to be smart and not wanting to stop what I was doing, I told her that we could not build a chair without a plan. She asked for paper and a pencil and left. Later, she came back and asked for a tape measure and left. After she was gone a while, I thought for sure my plan had worked.


When she returned and showed me her plan and explained how she measured her body to draw dimensions on what appeared to be both a front view and side view of her chair, I immediately knew what I would be doing the rest of the afternoon.



We built the chair together and it was a really fun afternoon. We used pocket holes, scrap 2



Dad! That's Not What The Plan Says

No comments:

Post a Comment