Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shop Notes #9: 2 steps forward and one step back.

http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/members/156956-50x50.jpg


Working in the shop. Realized I’ve been pretty quiet. LOL! Posted a blog on my buddy Murphy who joins me just when things look like they are going well. He probably takes instant trips everywhere? Like your shop? LOL!


Had to take the sign down my wife and I made after receiving a letter from my recent employer about my signing a non compete agreement. Took it to an attorney, who gave me the pragmatic facts. Court filings take ninety days. The agreement is all in their favor. Bottom line is I’ve limited funds and few clients. The time limit is 6 months. Four to go.


The furniture I have been refurbishing and rehabbing is for my local office. It’s taken longer than I expected because I do something right and then try something and screw it up. They call it “one trial learning.” But I did the chair glue up today. Found one error compounded itself today in my final assembly. ( More learning?) I will not be designing any chairs in my future with 3/4 inch stringers! compound angles a definitly more critical with small pieces.


Found a Delta 18 inch scroll saw on Craig’s list that I will be going to see on Saturday.


I drove through blizzard winds to purchase a real deal, A new 1.5 hp electric motor for a hundred bucks Lesson Farm grade. if you are interested send me a PM. Weighs 40 lbs and I have a UPS down the street.


I’m glad I have Charles Neil’s “Chair making made simple” DVD or I’d be totally frustrated with all the compound angles in this chair.


Looks like I’ll be finishing the chair and desk in the next week and I will post them as my LJ buddys have requested.


How’s your shop work going?




Source: LumberJocks.com



Shop Notes #9: 2 steps forward and one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment