Friday, February 28, 2014

Hand Tool School #2: Semester 1 - Project 2 - Sawbench

http://lumberjocks.com/images/no-buddy-icon.gif


I had been looking forward to building the saw bench for a while. I really struggle with sawing to a line. I know that it takes practice, but sawing at bench height is a real pain. Having the use hold fasts or clamps to hold the board, trying to see your line at that height, not being able to get the full effect of letting gravity help, etc. I looked for a board that I could have a final 1” thickness for the top to no avail. I did not feel like making the top out of any premium lumber which is what I was looking for. I ended up using premium pine for the legs and stretchers and 2



Hand Tool School #2: Semester 1 - Project 2 - Sawbench

No comments:

Post a Comment