Saturday, April 26, 2014

B/S Boxes - lots of parts

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n4njxr5.jpg


Making some larger (these are about 10” high, 7” wide & 5” deep) band saw boxes for sisters-in-law + extra for the gallery. I decided to take some photos of the various parts… I neglected to take a photo of my side cut on the box that allowed entry to cut out the drawers. I did a full top to bottom cut for that purpose since I find I can get a tighter fit when gluing it back.


I’ve had people ask how do you cut those things (especially with the segmented drawers) so now I’ll have a couple of photos to show them.




One photo is before drawers have the inside final hand sanding & then glued up. Others show how it fits together after gluing.


Obviously still need a lot of sanding on outside of box & drawers before finishing. Once done I’ll post in projects.




Source: LumberJocks.com



B/S Boxes - lots of parts

No comments:

Post a Comment