Thursday, April 24, 2014

Shop tour getting a new home, and a minor shop update.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-P-uDSf9D7kk/U1nBToppwcI/AAAAAAAAD9M/jf7lL3hBpY0/w350-h622-no/20140424_204552.jpg


As I continue to tweak my online material in regards to woodworking and my shop, you may have noticed I am putting more and more on blogger. Mostly due to the fact that I participate in several woodworking forums, and some of the things I feel that I need to say are forbidden by some of the forum rules. Not to mention it is a huge hassle with different forums having different encoding formats, I can’t just copy / paste to get my information out there.


So my shop tour is going blogger as well, set up in a static page, not a blog entry, within my blog…


http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/p/the-workshop.html


There is some new info in there not shared anywhere else that you may be interested in, or maybe not…


And the minor shop update.


I am trying to move my safety equipment, at least the general PPE extinguisher, first aid etc… to a common location, the back of the man door, instead of all over the place.


I managed to get the first aid, extinguisher, hearing protection, and safety glasses mounted up there. I also want to mount / house my respirators and spare cartridges there, as well as the nitrile gloves. I think I need a small cabinet of sorts to house all of that.



The nice thing about this arrangement though, is I know exactly where the important stuff is at all times, as does the rest of my household.. Win win situation here!


IF I do manage to go ahead with the safety cabinet I am figuring I should paint it, but should I go with yellow / black stripes, or solid bright red?




Source: LumberJocks.com



Shop tour getting a new home, and a minor shop update.

No comments:

Post a Comment