Friday, April 25, 2014

Modifying Incra JessEm MastRLift II for Undertable Height Adjustment

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n4kixen.jpg


I have been wanting to find a way to adjust the height on my Incra Mast R Lift II from under the table. In researching different options I decided to try this. I purchased a Craftsman 9 in. Flex Shaft from Sears ($10.99) and adapted it to the router lift. I used parts from Dewalt 6 inch bit extension as a shaft. A 1/4 inch hole was drilled into the threaded height adjustment rod for the hex extension. I drilled and tapped a 8/32 set screw in the threaded height adjustment rod to secure the hex extension shaft.
This method allows easy access to maintenance and speed control on the router.
I hope these pictures explain everything.
Thanks for looking in.


( 1st Photo – PARTS)



( 2nd Photo – Installed shaft)



( 3rd Photo – 9 inch Flex Shaft installed into front access on router dust collection box)



( 4th Photo – View from front access / air flow opening, showing Flex Shaft connected to hex shaft on threaded height adjustment rod)





Source: LumberJocks.com



Modifying Incra JessEm MastRLift II for Undertable Height Adjustment

No comments:

Post a Comment