Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rolling Storage Cart #3: Almost finished

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n4pvv7j.jpg


It’s been a few weeks now, and I have pretty much finished the cabinet. There are two drawers empty at the moment while I figure out what to put in them and how to arrange it, then I’ll post it as a complete project. Oh and don’t forget the false fronts, drawer handles and polyurethane.


I needed a place to keep a lot of my other tools; sockets, files, screwdrivers, spanners, etc



Another one for odds and ends, nail gun, hot glue gun, different consumables, sandpaper, grinding discs, etc.



And the deep drawer at the bottom for power tools that don’t get used that often. Now I can get rid of those plastic blow-mold cases that really don’t help keep things organised or keep dust out. The top right hand corner is just screaming out for a tray to be placed over top of those tools.



There is currently no place for my cordless drills or random orbit sander, maybe they’ll end up being hung from the sides on custom holders.


I’m not game to move it right now. The casters on the bottom are only rated for 60kg (they were the largest I could get with a double lock. In the future I’ll try to get some higher rated ones or come up with a better locking mechanism.




Source: LumberJocks.com



Rolling Storage Cart #3: Almost finished

No comments:

Post a Comment