Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Introduce Myself Jim Houston

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n32f46l.jpg


Hi, Jim Houston here.


Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this great community. I’m certain I will enjoy talking with the members. My experience is that you can’t shut a carpenter up even though you may not want to hear all of it.


I’m a retired business owner and have been in and around construction all my adult life. I started learning to be a carpenter on a construction job site at 18 years old helping to pay my way through college. I’m confident I learned a lot more on the job site than I did in class. Some of what I learned was preparation for a lifetime and then there was the other that we all assimilated from others on site that I probably should not discuss.


As I progressed through my career I was merchandise manager for a contractor building materials yard and later started a custom home building business. Through this experience I progressed into a restoration contracting business which was a joy to be in. Of all the challenging career offerings I have experienced the construction business in all its aspects was definitely the most pleasurable.


Today I’m retired and my wife and I live in the country in a rural farming community called Tanner Williams, AL. Our home is back in the woods with lots of wild game and our John Deere tractor which I frequent daily. I have a ton of construction tools and try to build something every few months including a few projects along for family members. As all of you know, once you get woodworking in your blood you never get over it.



I’ve recently finished a fireplace and bookshelves for our home and you can see here in the attached photo. You can view extensive photos of this project on my website which is linked below.


Again, thank you for this opportunity to participate and I look forward to meeting each of you. You are welcome to visit my website I think you will find it interesting and above all entertaining.


Jim Houston http://www.squidoo.com/dewalt-table-saw




Source: LumberJocks.com



Introduce Myself Jim Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment