Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Who The Heck Is Cricket?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n324i9e.jpg


Over the last few months I have had several members ask me if I would introduce myself to the community and why I had not done so from the start.


Let me start by saying I am not a woodworker. I wish I was because I am blown away by all your incredible projects. I especially love the more rustic stuff and anything related to the outdoors. As a Community Manager for Escalate Media, I tend to try to stay in the background most of the time and simply address site issues that need attention to help everything run smooth for all of you. Now and then you may see me pop in and start a thread because it helps me to get to know you and because I often find myself genuinely interested in the topics and discussions within the community. I also enjoy sharing your projects on our LumberJocks Facebook page because I want others to enjoy them as well.


My passions outside of the communities I manage are photography, writing, and the outdoors. I love that technology has allowed me to combine all of these. I can work from home, sitting next to the campfire when I am camping, or even in a little coffee shop.



The most common question I receive is people asking about how I got the name Cricket. I was born with the hiccups. The first time my daddy saw me, he was horrified. He told everyone who would listen that I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen and that I sounded just like a cricket. From that day forward, I have always been known as Cricket.


If you want to know more than that, feel free to respond to this post and ask me just about anything, within reason. (smiles)




Source: LumberJocks.com



Who The Heck Is Cricket?

No comments:

Post a Comment