Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wall Hung Tool Cabinet #2: Making the Doors

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n30uuf0.jpg


What sold me on this style of cabinet was the doors. The doors are a box style giving you additional storage in each door.To make the doors I first made two boxes then made two frame and panel doors. Then glued the panels to the boxes.
The boxes glued up.


I cut the dados in the stiles and rails with a 1/4” cutter in my #45. I got lazy on the stub tenons and used the table saw. The tenons were only a 1/4” long and about 1 1/2” wide. It just took a couple quick passes on the saw. I use 1/4” birch plywood for the door panels.


The door front glued up, truing up the ends and cleaning up glue squeze out.


Now its time to glue the panels to the boxes



Now that we have doors. Its time to trim them to fit the cabinet box and hang the doors.




Next it’s time to start trimming out the interior.




Source: LumberJocks.com



Wall Hung Tool Cabinet #2: Making the Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment