Thursday, March 27, 2014

Power Upgrade #27: Buckets and Buckets of Sand

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n3454ff.jpg


What can I say, I am a glutton for punishment! In all actuality, I don’t mind hard work! Being an enlisted soldier, I am used to working my butt off getting a particular job done to fulfill the orders of my commanding officer, only to be told to pack everything all up and move it down another 500 meters because he fancies a better spot. I figure that if I can bleed, sweat and toil for a man I respect only because of the rank he wears on his uniform, then why would I not work just as hard building a good home for my family?


The truth is, what ever I do I pour myself into whatever I do! The Word says in Col 2:23-24 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. So I am always working as if the King is coming to inspect my work!


So back to the buckets! Tractors really would help here anyway as there is no way to get around all those trenches.






This 3in Conduit holds all of the wire for the 4way circuits that run from the woodshop to the house. Most are just outside lighting circuits.





This is the junction box inside the woodshop. There are eight different 4 way circuits that run from this box back to the house.





This particular run will power the dogs water tank heater as well as the floor warmer in their new dog house!



Almost to the Main Panel! But I was done for the day! I made it to the large pit at least!



After a few days of wrestling with more headaches! I was able to get back to it! Thankfully I thought ahead and during the first my first deliver of sand, the in which I had to shovel it out. I strategically placed a few small piles around so I did not have to walk to far all the time! The bummer part was that it was frozen so I had to get through the outside six inches and break it all up.




It felt so good to watch the cables and wire get covered with soft sand!






My brother-in-law, Shawn Butterbach, who is a very dear friend as well, came over after a few hours and really helped me out! He filled the buckets while I carried and poured them out. It was nice to have help. It more than doubled my efficiency time! He helped me finish one pile and move right on to the next!





We even filled up most of the Main Panel Recess with the required sand level.




Thats if for this one! Thanks for reading!!!


More to follow…




Source: LumberJocks.com



Power Upgrade #27: Buckets and Buckets of Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment