Monday, March 31, 2014

Lee and Shelley's Wet Bar #4: Phase III Doors and Drawer Fronts

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lumberjocks.com/n3be1cm.jpg


With the face frames built, it was time to build the raised panel doors and the drawer fronts.

I used the Freud rail and stile bit set to do the cope and stick profile cutting. Then I used a Freud raised panel bit to make the raised panels. I used a Bosch 1617 router in a router table, slowed it down to it’s slowest speed and made several passes until I got the final result I was looking for.


The drawer fronts have flat panels made of maple ply.



Gluing up two at a time.



Drawer fronts complete for the four drawer cabinet. Top drawer is same size as drawers in the other two cabinets. The bottom three drawers are same size, just deeper.



And then it was time to assemble the raised panel doors.



Test fit. :-)


I prefinished the doors, drawer fronts and face frames before assembly.




Next up is drawer and carcase construction.




Source: LumberJocks.com



Lee and Shelley's Wet Bar #4: Phase III Doors and Drawer Fronts

No comments:

Post a Comment