Sunday, March 30, 2014

ScrollSaw Information and Resources #62: Where to fine the old, olde scrollsaw patterns

http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/members/247150-50x50.jpg


As I have been involved in scrolling for about four year plus my interest has become the older, more detailed, intricate patterns. Like the ones produced, to my knowledge, around the turn of the century. Some of my present and a lot of my new projects will focus on these types of patterns.


I have done some extensive research as to where to find these types of patterns. Yes I am well aware the several web sites have some of what I am talking about. However paying $15 for a single pattern vs $15 for a book of patterns is simple math to me.


In me research some of most of what I have found at books by Speilman however I am sure there are others. What I thought I would do is post some of the types of books I own and IF others would they could post ones that I have left out or did not know about. As you will see by the list I will be listing ”FRETWORK” patterns books only.So here is my list for start:


Scroll Saw Scandinavian – Patterns and Projects by Speilman
Classic Fretwork Scroll Saw Patterns by Speilman
Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw byScroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts
Scrollsaw Fretwork Patterns by Speilman
Victorian Scroll Saw Patterns by Speilman
Victorian Gingerbread Patterns & Technigues by Speilman


This is all of the ones I have or can lay my hands on at this time. If others would choose to add to the list I, and I am sure, other readers would greatly appreciate the information and knowledge.


Keep Scrolling and make tight turns.




Source: LumberJocks.com



ScrollSaw Information and Resources #62: Where to fine the old, olde scrollsaw patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment